I learned some things in 2017; some things about God, myself, and others. Some of what I learned was awesome and awe-inspiring. Some of what I learned broke my heart and broke me in ways I didn’t know I could be broken.
I often respond to posts on social media with, “Praying.” I never post that I am praying without, in fact, praying. I also don’t post on social media every time I pray about something. Does prayer make me holier than thou? Nope. Am I informing God of something He doesn’t know when I pray? Not according to God’s Word (He knows what I ask before I ask it).
Then why all the prayer?
That was my lesson for 2017: Depend on God.
I depend on God. For everything. That was my lesson for 2017: Depend on God.
Here are some prayers for 2018:
- Hear our prayers.
- Thank You for Your many blessings.
- Let there be peace on earth.
- Reveal Yourself to those who do not yet know You.
- Draw those who knew you, call their hearts to return to You.
- Grant our leaders wisdom.
- Heal Your church.
- Lead us to unity.
- Fill us with Your Spirit.
- Let all that we say and do bring You glory.
- Strengthen and encourage and embolden our teachers and shepherds.
- Convict us of our sin, help our unbelief, grant us the courage to repent of our sins, renew a right spirit within us, and let us be salt and light to our cultures.
- Let others see You in us.
- Guide our steps, especially the very next step.